ISO 9001:2008 certified
 
Immunological Investigations in Reproductive Failure
Reproductive failures are caused by an array of chromosomal, anatomical, endocrinological, immunological abnormalities or infections. A major proportion of patients experiencing reproductive failures exhibit idiopathic aetiologies. They can be classified as recurrent abortions and infertility.

In primary recurrent abortions, approximately 55% of miscarriages are due to recurrent chromosomal errors in the embryonic trophoblasts and the other 45% are immunologic. Of the immunologic group, a small fraction (5%) is associated with antiphospholipid antibodies and the remainder (40%) with presence of Mycobacterium tuberculosis, elevated NK (Natural Killer) cells, cytokines, and decreased adhesion molecules. We routinely screen women experiencing repeated abortions and/ or infertility (primary/ secondary) for detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis, NK cell activity, cytokines and adhesion molecules. Women with presence of Mycobacterium tuberculosis, elevated levels of NK Cell activity, cytokines, and decreased adhesion molecules are offered immunomodulation to downregulate presence of NK Cell and cytokine activity and to upregulate adhesion molecules. Rate of successful pregnancy has increased dramatically after the initiation of immunomodulation programme by us.
 
 
Our Vision
Our aim is to provide cutting edge diagnosis and treatment in autoimmune disorders, mainly Reproductive failure. We believe in the paradigm that Reproductive failure is an autoimmune disorder. According to us, a good diagnosis is one which has perfect clinical correlation and a good treatment protocol that benefits maximum number of patients.
Our  Mission
India is not only the second most populated country of the world but also has one of the highest number of couples who fail to reproduce. It is our mission to reduce the number of couples experiencing repeated abortions and those who are infertile by offering scientific diagnostic and well tested treatment protocols.
Our Values

The five pillars of our laboratory are:

  • PASSION
  • PERCEPTION
  • PERSEVERANCE
  • PRECISION
  • PROMISE
Read More
 
 
Home   //   About DH   //   DH Services  //   Success Stories   //   Contact DH
© 2013-14 Double Helix. All rights are reserved.
Powered By: